After new Student Learning Outcomes were passed by Faculty Senate in 2011, GERC was charged with developing a General Education curriculum. Over the past several years, faculty on the General Education Revitalization Committee (GERC), in consultation with faculty across UAF, have created a DRAFT curricular outline for General Education to achieve the following goals.
- address the new Learning Outcomes
- integrate the learning outcomes across disciplines
- synthesize content and theory
- broaden GER course choice and increase student interest in GER courses
- increase faculty opportunity to contribute to the GER
- facilitate degree completion
- reduce credit load of the General Education Requirements (GER), while following Board of Regents’ regulations.